Sunday, December 12, 2010

The finishing touch brings us back to the beginning...

* I apologize that my final blog is late. for some reason when I heard Thursday, i was thinking the Thursday of Finals Week. which makes no sense at all, but hey c'est la vie.

I don't think there is really any way that I can sum up my feelings and ending thoughts on Mythologies. I fully loved the class! It was both thoroughly insightful and surprisingly relative to my own life. This semester and especially this class has brought a new understanding of who i am and where i come from and even where I'm going. it has also taken away a lot of pressure to strive for greatness because this has all been done before; this too shall pass; don't take life so seriously, we ALL die in the end!    ...and yet we can still be remembered forever. This class has definitely taught me to have a deeper appreciation for reading. because it is with our words that we are immortalized. no matter what the newest worldly fad is, good ole books will always be around to be referenced and to lend support to eager impressionable Enlish lit majors who want to speak profound volumes in a classroom full of intelligence that only maybe 40% of the students actually understand what they are saying. ( i was NOT that 40%) but I put my best foot forward, i searched for Africa, and although I didn't always keep up with the language barrier I, like Henderson, gained and transformed from my journey. Thank you to all my classmates who shared their personal triumphs and tragedies that put my own life into perspective. and thank you most of all to my guide Romilayu, Dr. Sexson! I hope to take more of your classes in the semesters to come and will no doubt be just as pleased as I was in taking Mythologies. Mythos + Logos. Myth plus Logic. These are not just stories to be passed over as childish fairy tales. They are living breathing things all around us. Be prepared to look down to that basket and witness what story you are in before you miss an opportunity to transform!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List