Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First Memory

My first memory is December 17th, 1992. I had just barely turned two years old (25 months old). It was the day our house burned down.

I was just playing in my room when my mom screamed frantically to get my winter gear on (it was Winter in Canada afterall) and so I ran downstairs to smoke. I put on my coat and gloves and walked across the street to my neighbours house. I stayed there all night. I kept on trying to look out their huge front window that looked directly at my house but the mother wouldn't let me, said that there was stuff going outside and we needed to stay hidden. I kept on asking about my parents and they said that they had gone into town and would be back later. I could hear the sirens from the firetruck and I just laid on the carpet and watched the celing flicker with the red lights going round and round. The next time I looked out the window, my house was completely gone.

The next memory I have isn't til a couple months later and I think I remember this so vividly because it was a traumatic experience for me.

No worries all my family was safe. But we did lose ALL our posessions and christmas presents and our cat :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List