Thursday, October 21, 2010

Subliminal views from a fellow classmate

One of our assignments was to write about someone else's blog, I chose Tristan Head's blog on a sublime experience he encountered.
His pictures of his trip are amazing first off. The views from the top of Froze to Death Plateau capture the complete essence of nature as a sublime experience; that is that nature takes us away to a place where we can clear our minds of the muddle are reconnect with our creation; separation, initiation, return all in one breathtaking view.
My favorite line:
          "...because half the fun is going up and makes you appreciate the turns on the way down. I know each one of us enjoys doing at least one activity that gives us the feeling of nirvana. Once we have found the nirvana it leaves us with a dire thirst for more, it isn't until we recreate the event that we are satisfied, and then as we drive away are thirsty once again."
I get this feeling when I'm in nature all the time and luckily my family is obsessed with camping so I get to go a lot! It takes you back to a time, illo tempore, where everything seems right and good. You can't help but feel the presence of a divine being up there in a hectic week full of midterms and meeting this breath of fresh air is a great reminder that all of this has been done before and worrying about it does nothing. Thanks Tristan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List